Here is some exciting news for the Indian citizens who want to live and work in the UAE. The Golden Visa comes as an opportunity for talented people who take the initiative to put India on the Global map.
Table of Contents
India-specific Golden Visa program of the United Arab Emirates. With the launch of this innovative program, the United Arab Emirates has given Indian nationals new opportunities and a route to long-term residency. With the Golden visa, which grants long-term residents extra benefits, talented foreigners can dwell, work, or study in the UAE. Those individuals suitable for the Golden Visa are entrepreneurs, scientists, outstanding students, recent graduates, front-line heroes, investors, and humanitarian pioneers. The main characteristics, advantages, requirements, and application process for the UAE’s Golden Visa will all be covered in this article.
What is the UAE’s Golden visa?
The “Golden visa” is a long-term residency permit offered by the UAE that allows foreign nationals to dwell, work, or study there while also enjoying a number of special privileges, such as:
- A six-month multiple-entry entrance visa before a residency permit is provided
- A lengthy, renewable residency permit good for five or ten years
- The benefit of not requiring a sponsor
- The possibility to extend their stay outside of the UAE beyond the standard six-month period to maintain the validity of their resident visa.
- Regardless of their ages, be able to sponsor their spouses, children, and parents.
- The capacity to sponsor as many domestic workers as desired
- If the primary bearer of the Golden visa passes away, the permission for family members to remain in the UAE until the end of their permit validity.
Golden Visa Requirements
The criteria for a Golden visa vary depending on the kind of resident—an investor, an artist, an entrepreneur, etc.
The best guidance for your STUDY ABROAD DREAM
Start your journey with the best study abroad experts in India
Book a free session
Investors in public investments
If you contribute to an investment fund and complete the following criteria, you may be granted a Golden Visa for a decade without a sponsor:
- Submit a document from a UAE-accredited investment fund confirming the investor’s AED 2 million deposit OR
- Provide a memorandum of association and a valid business or industrial licence, both of which state that the investor has a minimum capital of AED 2,000,000.
- Present proof that the business owner gives the government a minimum of AED 250,000 (two hundred and fifty thousand) per year, as verified by a document from the Federal Tax Authority.
- You have to own the deposited money outright; a loan cannot be used
- You must show documentation of his own and, if any, his family’s medical insurance
Real Estate Investors
If you possess a property or a collection of properties, you may be given a renewable Golden visa without a sponsor for five years under the same conditions.
- Provide a letter from the relevant emirate’s land department confirming ownership of one or a number of properties worth at least 2 million dirhams
- Purchase a property using a loan from a specific local bank authorised by the relevant local organisation
Imagine you are a business owner who is taking a risky, innovative, or technologically oriented economic endeavour. If so, you can be qualified for a Golden visa with a five-year validity period. Additionally, you require letters of authorization from each of the following:
- A UAE auditor certifying the project’s value is at least 500,000 dirhams
- The emirate’s authorities claim the initiative is of a technical or futuristic character
- Find an accredited business incubator to start the intended activity in the UAE
Outstanding Specialised Talents
Excellent particular skills include:
- Creative people of culture and art
- Specialists in scientific fields
- Doctoral degree holders and
- Specialists in the fields of engineering and science
Engineering and science-related topics include:
- Epidemiology and Viruses
- Artificial Intelligence
- Big Data
- Computer Engineering
- Electronic Engineering
- Software Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Genetics and Biotechnology Engineering
If you meet the criteria listed below for each category and possess an exceptional specialised talent, you may be granted a Golden visa valid for ten years:
Doctors and scientists
- A letter of authorization from the UAE’s Ministry of Health and Prevention authorising a doctor to practise medicine
- A letter from the Mohammed bin Rashid Medal for Scientific Excellence Secretariat or an endorsement from the Emirates Council of Scientists stating that the candidate has been given the Medal of Scientific Excellence (for scientists)
- A letter of reference from the Ministry of Economy saying that your patent has improved the nation’s economy
Creative people in the fields of Art & Culture
- A letter of consent from the relevant emirate’s Department of Culture and the Arts
- A certified copy of a university degree showing at least a bachelor’s degree and Ministry of Education accreditation
- A letter stating that you have held the same position for at least five years
- A salary certificate showing a minimum salary of AED 50,000
- A legal employment agreement
- A letter of reference from the General Authority of Sports or another sports council
Specialists in Engineering and Science
- An employment contract and a copy of a bachelor’s or master’s degree with Ministry of Education certification
Pioneers of Humanitarian Work
A 10-year Golden visa is possible if you are a pioneer in humanitarian activity. To qualify as a pioneer in humanitarian work, you must fall into one of the following categories:
- Members and exceptional personnel who have spent at least five years working for international and regional organisations
- Members and exceptional personnel who have spent at least five years working for civil organisations and institutions of public interest
- People who have been honoured with a commendation by a local, regional, or global body that specialises in humanitarian work
- Humanitarian organisations may get funding if the amount exceeds two million UAE dirhams or its equivalent
- With a nomination from a qualified authority, frontline heroes who demonstrated great effort in emergencies like the COVID-19 epidemic may also be granted the Golden visa. Nurses, medical assistants, lab technicians, pharmacologists, and other cadres recognised by the Frontline Heroes Office are examples of frontline heroes
- High School Students
- You may be given a Golden visa for 5 years without a sponsor if you are a high school student who has achieved national recognition (with a minimum grade of 95% in public or private secondary school), subject to submitting a reference letter from the Ministry of Education (Emirates Schools Establishment)
- The Golden visa for students has a 5-year duration and may be extended if the student is enrolled in a major or college in the nation that calls for a longer study term than five years
- University Students
If you are a top-notch college student, you may be given a Golden visa for ten years without a sponsor if you meet the following requirements:
- The Ministry of Education has to give the university an A or B class rating.
- A letter of reference from the school, an accredited diploma, or a certified academic record attesting to the student’s cumulative GPA, which must be at least 3.5 for A-class colleges and 3.8 for B-class universities
Outstanding Students from Foreign Universities
Outstanding overseas university students may be given a 10-year Golden visa without a sponsor if they meet the following requirements:
- The university is included among the top 100 universities in the world by the Ministry of Education’s recognised ranking system
- The student has a minimum overall grade point average of 3.5
- Just two years have passed since you received your diploma
- The Ministry of Education has accredited graduation certificates
How to apply?
The UAE Government offers “One Touch” Golden Visa service
- This is a comprehensive programme that helps applicants save time and effort by streamlining the application and renewal processes for Golden Residence Visas
- The service will support the applicants with all aspects of their visa applications, including the issuing of additional visas, regularisation of status, the issuance of residency and identity documents, and the renewal of all of these in one go
- Apply through the ICP website or the ICP App available on Google Play and App Store
In conclusion, UAE’s Golden Visa program has emerged as a game-changer for Indian citizens looking to explore new horizons and build a brighter future in the United Arab Emirates. This initiative offers a pathway to long-term residency, granting individuals and their families access to numerous benefits and opportunities in various sectors, including business, education, and healthcare.
Through the Golden Visa, Indian citizens can enjoy greater stability, security, and a higher quality of life in the UAE. The program’s flexibility and extended duration provide a solid foundation for individuals to establish themselves, expand their professional networks, and contribute to the thriving economy of the UAE.
The Golden Visa program catalyzes global mobility and cross-cultural exchange as the world becomes increasingly interconnected. It enables Indian citizens to embrace new experiences, access diverse industries, and nurture their entrepreneurial ambitions.
Embrace this golden opportunity and embark on a journey that could shape your destiny in the UAE. Open new doors, seize the possibilities, and let the UAE’s Golden Visa be your key to endless possibilities.
Also Read: IAESTE Internships for Indian Students
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the UAE’s Golden Visa program for Indian citizens?
The UAE’s Golden Visa program is a residency scheme introduced by the United Arab Emirates government specifically for Indian citizens. It offers long-term residency permits, allowing individuals and their families to live, work, and study in the UAE for an extended period.
What are the benefits of the UAE’s Golden Visa for Indian citizens?
The Golden Visa provides a range of benefits, including long-term residency, access to education and healthcare facilities, the ability to establish and grow businesses, and the opportunity to invest in the UAE’s thriving economy. It also offers greater stability, security, and a higher quality of life for Indian citizens in the UAE.
Who is eligible for the UAE Golden Visa for Indian citizens?
The eligibility criteria for the Golden Visa vary depending on several factors, such as professional qualifications, investment activities, and individual achievements. The program primarily targets individuals in sectors such as science, healthcare, technology, arts, and culture. It also extends to entrepreneurs, investors, and outstanding students.
What is the duration of the Golden Visa for Indian citizens?
The Golden Visa duration can vary depending on the category and criteria met by the applicant. Typically, it grants a validity of 5 or 10 years, allowing Indian citizens and their families to reside in the UAE for an extended period.
How can Indian citizens apply for the UAE’s Golden Visa?
Indian citizens can apply for the Golden Visa through a designated application process. The specific requirements and documentation needed may vary depending on the category they fall under, such as entrepreneurs, investors, or professionals. It is advisable to consult official sources or seek assistance from immigration consultants to ensure a smooth and accurate application process.
Can Golden Visa holders in the UAE sponsor their family members?
Yes, Golden Visa holders in the UAE have the privilege of sponsoring their immediate family members, including spouses and dependent children, to join them in the country.