Help Change Lives with a Bachelor’s in Juvenile Justice Online Degree
Are you passionate about promoting peace and security? Do you want to understand the delicate internal workings of the juvenile justice system? Are you looking to make a positive impact on the youth in your community?
If that sounds like you, Liberty can help! Our 100% online Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice – Juvenile Justice degree provides foundational training in juvenile delinquency and corrections. You’ll study core topics in criminal justice as well as learn how to work specifically with children and adolescents who have committed crimes.
Maybe you want to work in the field as a law enforcement officer, or perhaps you’d prefer a role in a juvenile detention center or program. Either way, Liberty can help you develop the skills needed to pursue a rewarding career and carry out justice at the local, state, and federal levels.
What is a juvenile justice specialist?
Juvenile justice specialists (or juvenile detention specialists)* work with delinquent youths who are in custody or on probation. They play a vital role in the juvenile justice system and fulfill many important responsibilities, such as:
- Coordinating basic counseling services for youth offenders.
- Overseeing behavior modification and discipline techniques for juvenile delinquents.
- Planning work assignments and recreational activities in detention centers.
- Protecting the safety and well-being of juvenile detainees and those around them.
- Supervising juveniles in correctional programs or detention centers.
*This type of job may require a master’s degree. Our bachelor’s in criminal justice serves as an excellent stepping stone toward pursuing a graduate program, such as Liberty’s online M.S. in Criminal Justice!
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Juvenile Justice Courses?
At Liberty, we strive to live out Christ-like characteristics and to use the power of faith and education to transform the world. We don’t just offer college degrees — we seek to Train Champions for Christ and equip qualified professionals who can live out biblical principles in the workplace.
Whether you are currently serving in the juvenile justice system or looking to start a new career, our bachelor’s degree in juvenile justice can help you stand out as a Christ-centered, ethical, and value-driven professional. With this program, you can prepare to excel as a leader in courts, corrections, and policing.
Our juvenile justice degree is available 100% online, and the classes have no set login times. We offer the flexibility you need to achieve your academic goals without putting your life on hold. Additionally, you can complete this program in just 3.5 years! By earning your degree in less than the traditional 4 years, you can save money and start pursuing your career goals sooner.
Generous Discount for Active Duty Law Enforcement and Other First Responders
Liberty University is committed to providing world-class education and aims to help students achieve their educational goals, in whatever way we can. The First Responder Tuition Discount was created to take some of the financial burdens of tuition off the men and women who work in public service.
As Liberty University’s way of saying ‘Thank You,’ we proudly provide you with the following benefits:
- A 25% tuition discount
- Opportunity for college credit for training and life experience
- Personalized service throughout your educational journey
- Potential stacking with other tuition benefits (Corporate Advantage Program or Military Benefits)
For more information on eligibility and claiming this discount, please visit the First Responder Discount page.
What Will You Learn in Our Youth Justice Courses?
Liberty’s online juvenile justice degree dives into the historical, philosophical, and practical issues that have shaped America’s criminal justice system. In this program, you’ll study under professors who have years of experience in the classroom and courtroom, as well as directly in the field.
Our core courses introduce a variety of important topics, such as criminology, the judicial process, terrorism, criminal law, and constitutional criminal procedure. You can also learn how to research and write case briefings, formal reports, and memoranda. Our goal is to help strengthen your leadership, problem-solving, and conflict resolution skills so you can serve effectively in your desired career field.
With our juvenile justice specialization, you can customize your degree and further hone your skill set. You’ll analyze various correctional measures that are used with criminals, such as electronic monitoring, boot camps, and restorative justice programs. In addition to exploring intervention strategies, you’ll learn about methods for preventing crime.
Other topics of study include:
- Factors that negatively affect children and adolescents and cause delinquency, such as individual traits, broken homes, and peer pressure.
- Legal and ethical issues surrounding the juvenile justice system.
- Methods for controlling and preventing juvenile delinquency.
- The use of punishment to promote rehabilitation, deterrence, incapacitation, and/or retribution.
- CJUS 321 – Juvenile Corrections
- CJUS 322 – Community Based Corrections
- CJUS 323 – Delinquency and Crime Prevention
- CJUS 324 – Legal and Ethical Issues in Juvenile Justice
Online B.S. in Criminal Justice – Juvenile Justice Degree Information
- This program falls under the Helms School of Government.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for our juvenile online criminal justice degree.
- View the Undergraduate Government Course Guides (login required).
Apply Now Request Info
Military Benefits for Our Online Youth Justice Degree
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
- Potential college credit formilitary training
Career Options with a Youth Criminal Justice Bachelor’s Degree
Liberty’s juvenile justice online degree provides the training you need to pursue a career in criminal justice and law enforcement. Perhaps you’ll even go on to work in a related field, such as human services!
Some of the roles you may qualify for after completing this program include:
- Juvenile parole officer
- Juvenile probation officer
- Outreach counselor*
- Youth correctional officer
- Youth service worker/coordinator
*This role may require additional training or credentials.
Admission Requirements for Liberty’s Online Juvenile Justice Major
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- High School Self-Certification form and official high school transcripts within first 12 credit hours
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses — documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.
Highlights of Liberty University’s Juvenile Justice Classes
- We arerecognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’stop 3 online schools in America. Earning your online bachelor’s degree in criminal justice – juvenile justice from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 7 years — and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- You will have the opportunity to network with leaders, policymakers, and experts in the criminal justice field from across the country.
- Our juvenile justice program is available in a 100% online, 8-week course format.
- Earn your degree in as little as 3.5 years!
- If you are seeking a child protection and juvenile justice degree, this program can help you prepare to work with children and adolescents in the criminal justice system.
- Corrections. ...
- Psychology. ...
- Research Methods. ...
- Rehabilitation. ...
- Social Work. ...
- Criminology. ...
- Information Technology. ...
- Law Enforcement. A large number of people who earn a criminal justice degree choose to major in law enforcement.
Simply put, criminal justice focuses on the entire criminal law system; this encompasses every aspect when someone is accused of a crime from due process to courts, to prison, and beyond. Juvenile justice is the criminal law system for crimes committed by minors, persons generally under 18 years old.Is Liberty University good for criminal justice? ›
Earning a Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice degree online from Liberty is an excellent choice for current law enforcement officers, probation officers, or other civil servants. It is also an effective pathway to pursue many roles in criminal justice, including: Administrator.What is youth justice degree? ›
The course involves an in depth analysis of the theory and practice of law as it applies to children and young people who offend. Youth justice law encompasses the legislation, processes and institutions involved in the treatment of children accused of committing criminal offences.Is it better to get a BS or BA in criminal justice? ›
A BS in criminal justice is typically a more precise, technical program than the broader BA degree. Courses in a BS might explore policing in the U.S., the American correctional system, and technology in criminal justice, while BA curricula cover topics like criminology, white-collar crime, and juvenile delinquency.What is the best online school for criminal justice? ›
|Rank||School Name||School Links|
|1||Saint Leo University||School Profile|
|2||Concordia University - Saint Paul||School Profile|
|3||Northern Arizona University||School Profile|
|4||Champlain College||School Profile|